Wed, 25 May 2016
We did it! Scott and I have linked the flame (maybe), and beaten Dark Souls III. How does it hold up to Bloodborne? Did I ever figure out Sorcery? Has Scott stopped spamming R1 attacks all day in PVP? These questions and more in our epic Dark Souls III debrief.
- Runtime: 1 hr 8 mins
- Music from the Official Dark Souls III Soundtrack
- You Died: The Dark Souls Companion by Keza MacDonald and Jason Killingsworth
- "Praise the Sun: On Yoga & Dark Souls," by Charlene Putney via Existential Gamer
- "Dark Souls and doughnuts – what video games taught me about vegan cookery," by Kat Brewster via The Guardian
- "Getting Social with Dark Souls," by ME (deal with it) via PopMatters
Direct download: EXP_Podcast_379_-_Dark_Souls_III_Debrief_Part_2.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:21pm PDT
Wed, 18 May 2016
Horse warfare or robot warfare? You must choose a side. Unless you're like us and are holding out for robot horse warfare. The recent Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailers whipped the Internet in a frenzy, so we're here to help. And by help I mean reveal our new pitch for a basketball dating sim starring Prince.
Wed, 11 May 2016
Never count out Blizzard. Right when we think they can't take up more of our time, they come out with Overwatch. But will Overwatch replace other competitive games? Should we thinking about Overwatch as a lifestyle? All this and more!
- Runtime: 35 mins 52 secs
- Music by Brad Sucks
- "Should 'Overwatch'Just Cut Bastion from the Game Entirely?" by Paul Tassia via Forbes
Wed, 4 May 2016
After dozens of hours, a whole bunch of graph paper, and more than a little frustrated cursing, we've come to the end of The Witness. Then again, maybe you never really finish The Witness. I know I'm still seeing line puzzles hidden within every day objects. In any case, it's time to debrief and discuss what we learned about technological hubris, metaphysics, and maddening line puzzles.