Wed, 12 June 2013
This week, we take a mid-week breather from all the E3 madness to talk about a subject that's actually one of the bigger features of both Microsoft and Sony's new consoles: screencasting. What once started out as "Let's Plays" on obscure corners of the internet have now become regular events for a growing multitude of players. Inspired by Kris Ligman's article on the origin, evolution, and struggles of the Let's Play scene, we discuss everything from intellectual property to editing techniques. We're still pretty new to this entire scene, so we're interested to read your thoughts in the comments!
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes
- Find the show on Stitcher
- Here's the show's stand-alone feed
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking here. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Runtime: 28 min 11 sec
- "Opinion: Let's Play crackdown is an attack on game culture," by Kris Ligman via Gamasutra
- Music by: Brad Sucks