Wed, 21 January 2009
Some of those smart minds over at the University of Rochester got together and published a little study for us to talk about this week. Those psychologists, tinkerers of the brain I call them, have learned gore and gamers don't necessarily mix. The original article can be found in the show notes for your enjoyment. Your input on the subject is always appreciated. Feel free to answer some of the questions we have for your below if you need some inspiration.
Some discussion starters:
- How often do you notice gore when playing a game?
- When is violence and gore excessive?
- Would you miss the gore if taken out of traditionally violent games?
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking the title. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run Time: 27mins 10sec
- The article on the University of Rochester study.
- Music provided by Brad Sucks