Wed, 7 January 2009
The first 2009 EXP Podcast is upon us. This week we were inspired by news about a patch coming out for PixelJunk Eden mid-January that will, among other things, lower the game's difficulty. The original story is in the show notes for the curious listeners, but we mostly use it as a jumping off point to discuss patches in general, the idea of an ever-changing medium and Star Wars.
Some discussion starters:
- Should patches be mandatory?
- Is a patched game a different game?
- How do we talk about a frequently updated title?
- How much do you hate George Lucas for ruining Star Wars? (Only slightly kidding.)
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking the title. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 28mins 1sec
- PixelJunk Eden patch coming soon.
- Music provided by Brad Sucks