Wed, 2 June 2010
It was a long holiday weekend here in the U.S., but don't think that Jorge and I were taking a break. On the contrary, we engaged in some some field research by trekking to the local movie theater to see the latest video game-to-film adaptation: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. As long time admirers of the franchise, we proceeded hopefully, yet cautiously. Would the Sands of Time live up to the quality of its source material? Would we be left wishing we could rewind time to before our money left our wallets? Would Nolan North dub over Jake Gyllenhaal's voice? Check out the show to find out.
Some discussion starters:
- For those of you who saw the movie, what did you think? For those of you who haven't, what makes you hesitant?
- Do you have any favorite video game films? What games do you think would work well on the silver screen?
- Given that the player's ability to actively interact with a game largely defines the narrative, can a film do justice to a game's themes?
To listen to the podcast:
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking the title. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 36 min 33 sec
- Music provided by Brad Sucks