Wed, 4 March 2009
Keita Takahashi of Namco Bandai, creator of Katamari Damacy, has once again dipped his nimble fingers into his mystical bucket of genius and pulled out Noby Noby Boy, one of the most bizarre games I have ever played. Mike Schiller of PopMatters bravely took it upon himself to review this oddity. This week, Scott and I use Schiller's piece to discuss our own thoughts on Noby Noby Boy, Metagames, "play," and the sexuality of interstellar worm-like beings. I highly encourage you to watch some YouTube videos of the game and read the PopMatters review, both of which you can find in the shownotes. As always, we would love you to post your comments, no matter how bizarre they may be.
Some discussion starters:
- What are your thoughts on making your own in-game challenges? Have you any memorable accomplishments?
- Do metagames enhance or diminish a gaming experience?
- Do you think Noby Noby Boy is representative of a wider PS3 audience?
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking the title. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
-Run time: 27 min 4 sec
- Some Noby Noby Boy gameplay.
- Noby Noby Boy and the New PS3 Paradigm by Mike Schiller of PopMatters.
-Music provided by Brad Sucks