Jorge and I are still processing all the E3 madness, so we thought we'd talk about one of last week's big stories: Call of Duty: Elite. Activision's new Call of Duty social network promises to provide players with detailed battle statistics, group functionality, and a persistent profiles across multiple games. However, some of this comes at a price: parts of Call of Duty: Elite will only be available to those who pay a premium fee. It's move with very few precedents, so we thought it would be a good topic to discuss. As always, feel free to jump in with your thoughts in the comments!
Some discussion starters:
- How much (if anything) would you pay for premium Call of Duty content? Are there any other games that might hook you with a similar structure
- What does this mean for the future of the Call of Duty series?
- How will the advent of premium content impact plot-driven games?
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking here. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 32 min 00 sec
- A preview of Call of Duty: Elite, via Joystiq
- Music provided by Brad Sucks