Wed, 18 February 2009
Hello readers and listeners. This week Scott and I branch off of neat panel discussion Stephen Totilo held with Ken Levine of 2k Boston and Todd Howard of Bethesda Softworks. Each panelist was asked to comment on their game endings, Bioshock and Fallout 3 respectively. We take their comments and run with them, discussing our thoughts on cut scenes, interactive conclusions, and more. As always, we encourage you to take a look at the original article and footage in the show notes. Comments are appreciated and we've got some discussion starters just below if you need some momentary inspiration.
Some discussion starters:
- Do traditional game endings feel like a payoff? Have you ever cheated and watched an ending online?
- What do you think the future holds for videogame endings? Do you think there is an easier or better way to end games?
- What have been your favorite and least favorite videogame endings
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking the title. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
-Run time: 31 min 12 sec
- Original MTV Multiplayer article with footage from Ken Levine and Todd Howard Comic-Con panel.
-Music provided by Brad Sucks