Wed, 19 May 2010
As you may remember, Jorge and I are playing through the Halo series and making podcasts along the way. Released in 2007, Halo 3 was one of the biggest gaming events of the decade and I was quite excited to see how the game has aged. Having wrapped up the Master Chief trilogy, we spend the podcast discussing Halo's plot and extended universe, the game's influential design choices, and what the future holds for the franchise as well as Bungie. Halo's structure facilitates unique experiences for everyone who plays it, so feel free to jump in with your thoughts in the comments.
Some discussion starters:
- Halo 3 seemed to emphasize its story more than the first two installments. How significantly does the in-game narrative, as well as the surrounding universe and marketing campaign, impact your enjoyment of the game?
- While Halo's combat has always had a distinct feel, each game has introduced subtle tweaks. Of the original trilogy, which game did you enjoy the most?
- After Halo 3, were you still interested in continuing the franchise? What are your thoughts on Bungie distancing themselves from the franchise and the rumors of their ambitious new project?
To listen to the podcast:
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking the title. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 34 min 26 sec
- Music provided by Brad Sucks