Mon, 25 August 2014
Can games inspire catharsis? If you mean expel bodily fluids, then yes, I suppose it's an inevitability. For the sake of your couch, I wouldn't recommend it. Instead, why not look to games for emotional catharsis? It's a question posed by Critical Distance in this month's Blogs of the Round Table. We decided to join the conversation and discuss the types of games that let us build up and then vent emotions. Competitive games, meditative headstands, and the lasting legacy of Greeks (even ones that have twin chain blades) all come up over the course of the chat. As always, we're looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the comments.
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes
- Find the show on Stitcher
- Here's the show's stand-alone feed
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking here. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.