Wed, 7 May 2014
Quick Rorschach test: what do you see when you look at the Luftrausers logo? Well, aside from the two of you that said "puppies" (weirdos), it seems that everyone is seeing Nazi-related imagery. The trick is that the game isn't about Nazis or any specific war in general. This raises a question: do games that make allusions to historical realities have an obligation to explicitly address the events from which they draw their imagery? It's the topic for this week and it's one we look forward to hearing your opinions on in the comments.
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes
- Find the show on Stitcher
- Here's the show's stand-alone feed
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking here. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Runtime: 34 min 36 sec
- "Visual Styles and Depictions of the Past," by Jeff Mummert, via Play the Past
- Music by: Brad Sucks