Wed, 28 August 2013
Hot off the heels of our "Homage to Homes," Jorge and I have made our way through Gone Home, a game whose entire point is to explore a house and its inhabitants. It's dedication to portraying everyday environments and ordinary people actually makes it unique amongst a landscape of fantasy and super powers. The care that The Fullbright Company gives to the game's environments and characters helped spark a wide ranging discussion. We cover topics ranging from teenage romance, punk music, and the folly of trying to become a Street Fighter champion, while leaving plenty of time to discuss the more subtle plot points. As always, we hope you make yourself at home and share your thoughts in the comments.
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes
- Find the show on Stitcher
- Here's the show's stand-alone feed
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking here. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Runtime: 44 min 28 sec
- "Creative Restriction And The New Realism," by Matthew Burns, via Magical Realism
- Music by: Brad Sucks