Bust out your tin foil hats, because you're being watched. Of course, you probably already knew that; achievement logs aren't all that hard to find, are they? There's no doubt that we have more data about how we play games than ever before, but what does this mean for game reviews? Are we due for a New York Times/Tesla controversy? This week, inspired by Sam Machovech's article, we talk about what it means to review a game in an environment where your opinions and your actions can disagree.
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes
- Find the show on Stitcher
- Here's the show's stand-alone feed
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking here. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Runtime: 32 min 22 sec
- "The Critic and the Cloud," by Sam Machovech, via Unwinnable
- The New York Times' responds to questions about their Tesla review
- KnobFeel: Reviews of receiver knobs
- Music by: Brad Sucks
Direct download: EXP_Podcast_213_-_Data_Driven_Reviews.mp3
-- posted at: 10:00am PDT